Stroud Raft Race Sunday 7th October 2018
- All participants enter at their own risk. No responsibility will be accepted by the organisers for loss or damage to persons or property, howsoever caused. Each participants will be expected to sign a disclaimer form before being allowed to start.
- All participants must be able to swim, whilst clothed, in moving water.
- All participants must be of 14 years or older
- All rafts must pass scrutiny before the race, and must conform with the following:-
- Life Jackets to be worn by all team members.
- Raft numbers must be displayed on each side of the raft and be clearly visible from both riverbanks.
- No less than 4 and no more than 8 persons to each raft.
- No crew member to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Raft to be less than 4 metres long and 2 meters wide.
- No engines, row-locks or surf boards.
- Rafts to be safely and securely constructed and are not permitted to be built of solid polystyrene.
- Crews to have completed registration before entering the water.
- All rafts must attend the start point in an orderly fashion and all rafts must go into the canal as directed by the marshals.
- Please inform a marshal as soon as possible if one of your crew has to leave the raft and the race.
- No glass bottles or glasses must be taken onto the raft.
- All rafts must be removed from the canal course on the day of the race.
- From 3.00 p.m. the organisers will start clearing the canal. Any raft found after that time may be towed away, and the cost charged back to the entrant.
- Any complaints must be lodged at the Event Manager’s tent found at Wallbridge Lock, before 4.00 p.m. on the day of the race. In case of dispute, the Event Manager’s decision is final.